Friday, March 13, 2009

Balancing Productivity With Quality

Via Multichannel Merchant

by Kathryn E. Jackson Ph.D.

Many people speak of quality measurement and excellence in the contact center. But few attack the topic of productivity measurement. Even fewer people want to discuss how to measure an agent’s productivity. I’ll admit, it can be a dangerous road to travel – a road full of potholes. But maneuvering this road with excellence is simply a matter of balance and optimization.

I’ve heard agents say, “If you want me to provide higher quality, I’ll have to talk longer with my customers.” But did you know that quality does not necessarily get any better with longer talk time? In all of our research, we’ve never been able to prove any significant correlation between talk time and quality.

Complete Article

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home