Monday, May 18, 2009

Be A Copy Cat from The Un-Comfort Zone


THE UN-COMFORT ZONE with Robert Wilson


Last month I wrote about Self-Efficacy which is our belief in our ability to achieve what we set out to accomplish. I wrote about how it is the biggest part of achievement, and that we acquire a sense of self-efficacy in four ways: personal experience, observation of others, a positive mental attitude, and from the encouragement of others. This month I'd like to expand on how observing other people achieve motivates us to accomplish more.

Some of our goals require us to reach a mental threshold; some are more physical; while others are a combination of the two. One of my favorite forms of exercise and recreation is mountain biking. I get out once a week and hit the trails. Some of the trails have obstacle course-like obstructions called technical features; they are basically log and rock piles you ride over for an additional skill challenge. One trail has several advanced features including a seesaw.
I rode past this particular challenge for weeks; wanting to do it, but frankly too scared to try.

Complete Article

"Tell me and I forget; Show me and I remember; Involve me and I understand."

Robert Evans Wilson, Jr. is a motivational speaker and humorist. He works with companies that want to be more competitive and with people who want to think like innovators. For more information on Robert's programs please call 404-255-4924 or visit www.jumpstartyourmeeting.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home